Where do I start?Do you hold destination weddings at your hotel?
- Yes, we hold weddings at our hotel year round.
- We have very talented event coordinators at the Carousel Oceanfront Hotel & Condominiums.
Connect with us by phone:
Group Sales Line: 1-800-233-1228What services does your wedding planner provide? Is there a fee?
- There is no fee for the help of our event coordinator(s). A specialist will be with you to assist prior to and on your special day and they are there throughout the entire experience to answer any question you may have regarding your big day!
- Weddings should be reserved at least three months in advance but one year is preferable if you have exact dates in mind.
- Please call the Carousel Group Sales office at anytime or fill out the Request for Proposal Form. Once we receive your information we can check the dates instantly and will be happy to confirm availability. The wedding will be considered confirmed only when you receive and sign a written letter of agreement and submit the required deposit.
- We want our Brides to experience the best service that we have to offer. Due to the volume of business we expect during the prime Summer months we do not host weddings between mid-June to mid-August.
Ceremony and Reception LocationsWhat private indoor and outdoor areas of the hotel are available for a wedding?
- Our beautifully landscaped Oceanfront Lawn and Patio create a lovely backdrop for your ceremony, during certain times of the year. While we wish to assist you in all aspects of your big day, we unfortunately, do not own the beach in front of our hotel. Therefore, for weddings directly on the beach, you would be responsible for all setup and breakdown. Although the beach is the most admirable location for the ceremony, we do also strongly advise renting a rain-back up room/rehearsal room for any unforeseen weather changes. As for indoor reception locations, we have the Maryland/Virginia Room, the Pennsylvania Room, the Washington Room, and the Delaware Room.
- Maryland/Virginia Room = 150
- Pennsylvania Room = 200
- Washington Room = 30
- Delaware Room = 80
- Please view the Hotel Layout document to get an idea of what you can expect.
- We would be happy to send you customized photos of each location at your request. Please also view our Photo Gallery to see the many other events we have hosted in each one of our banquet rooms.
- The wedding ceremony can be moved indoors as long as a rain-back up room was previously contracted. Without a back up room contracted we may NOT have one available on the day of your wedding.
- Weddings can occur at any time of day but most couples choose a ceremony around 5pm with a reception immediately following.
- We do not own the beach in front of our hotel, but we do have recommendations about who to work with for this portion of your day.
- Barefoot Brides: www.barefootbrides.com
- Vanderbilt Weddings: www.vanderbiltweddings.com
- Both companies specialize in wedding ceremonies and will help make your day more magical.
Cost of a Destination Wedding at the Carousel HotelWhat is the cost of a destination wedding at your hotel?
- As you may assume, the majority of the expense surrounding your wedding reception will be in the food and beverage service offered to your guests. We typically recommend budgeting for $90.00 to $115.00 per person inclusive.
- Meeting room rentals can range anywhere from $500.00-$2000.00 depending specifically on your event size.
- *Please note: these are averages intended for your budgeting purposes. For a better idea of Food and Beverage prices, please view our Banquet Menu or contact an event coordinator directly.
- We strongly encourage bringing many family and friends along to help you celebrate your day. Group room rates may be available based on the time of season your wedding will be held. Group room rates are available when booking 10 rooms or more.
- In the unlikely case you decide to cancel your wedding once contracted, you will forfeit the non-refundable deposit. Cancellations made with less than 80 days notice will result in additional food and beverage penalties.
- Sales Tax: 6%, Food Tax: .5%, Beverage Tax: 9%, Gratuity: 20%.
- Deposits required are based on the size and scope of your event. They range from $500.00-$2500.00.
- At the time of contract.
- A cost estimate can be provided once you have determined your food and beverage wishes and have a general idea of the number of guests you will be hosting.
Wedding Details & DecorWho performs the ceremony at your hotel?
- You will have to make arrangements on your own with whomever you wish to perform your ceremony.
- Typically we allocate thirty minutes for your ceremony. A four hour reception is most common, but every wedding is unique and these terms can be discussed with an event coordinator.
- Yes, a dance floor is available and is included in your rental fee.
- Your event coordinator will contact you to begin the planning process three months prior to the wedding date.
- All receptions are unique and customizable. If offering a plated entrée rather than buffet we limit your selection to three entrées plus a vegetarian selection.
- Your guaranteed guest count is due two weeks prior to your wedding. Once this number is proved to us, the number of guests may be increased up to 10% until 72 hours prior to the event but cannot decrease in terms of liability for payment.
- We have standard centerpieces and decorations on site, but are happy to accommodate any request as best as we can.
- At the Carousel Hotel we have white and ivory linen. Specialty linens may also be arranged.
- The music and entertainment portion of your wedding is to be contracted on your own.
- There is a $75 bartender fee for the first two hours of the event, and $30 for every additional hour or portion thereof. There is also a two hour minimum.
- We do not have a bakery on site. Therefore, you will need to contract separately for the wedding cake. It is the only outside food or drink permitted in the reception.
- Our dinner entrée prices include a dessert course. If you replace the dessert course with your wedding cake, we can discuss altering your costs. If you choose to maintain the dessert course, and additional $1.50 per guest will apply.
Miscellaneous QuestionsDo you have a dedicated honeymoon suite? Can you show me what it looks like?
- We have many different room types at our hotel from Ocean Front rooms to 3 Bedroom Condos; you are sure to find a romantic place for you to spend your special weekend.
- Our talented Food and Beverage Team along with your event coordinator will organize your event the day of and will be on-site throughout the duration of your event.
- Your wedding entertainment (band or DJ) must conclude by 11:00PM with respect to other hotel guests.
- We have a four level parking garage that can hold over 1,000 cars. We have plenty of FREE parking for you and your guests.